I have been researching health for many years now, and I will be sharing some of my thoughts on health on this blog.
Here are my six basic tenets of good health.
1. I treat health as something that can be continually improved. Perfect health is possible, and when we get there, we can always do better!
2. The best time to focus on health is when we are well, not when we get sick.
3. When we get sick, the most important thing to remember is to get to the root cause of illness and treat it, and not just treat symptoms.
4. In the overwhelming majority of cases, treating the root cause of illness should not cost much money, if at all. You will not find expensive treatments on this blog.
5. I am a proponent of the scientific method. There are plenty of situations where alternative treatments do a better job of addressing the root cause of illness, but in each case, my goal is to make sure it is consistent with science.
6. We will all grow old and die, at least given present day technology. The object of this blog is to find ways to live long and stay healthy and fit all the way to the end.